Thursday, July 7, 2011

I Bought a Car with a Cheater

Okay, well, I went ahead and did it. I found a vehicle I really liked and we bought it. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would have been when agreeing to purchase it. I just kept saying that he better not leave me or be stupid again. I must have said it about 20 times. We'll see what happens...

It's nice to have something that is really for me because I chose it. It was also nice to see how happy my husband was to buy ME something. After we closed the deal, he went out to the store to buy me all the stuff I need to keep it clean and looking new. We bought new car seats for the kids and everything. It's so awesome.

I did say that it felt like we just made a commitment to each other ...so in a way, it was like taking a step forward. I wouldn't have done this months ago...so it must mean something that I was at least willing to enter into this. I just hope it doesn't come back and bite me in the butt someday.

2 comments:

  1. Shortly after my Dday, my H decided to buy me my very own car....a sporty convertible I always wanted. My oldest son needed a car in the next six months, so my H took my car and my son got his. My H now drives the big SUV and I drive a sharp convertible. My name is on the purchase...not my H. Love that! My kids are 10, 14 and 18... So I don't need the SUV much anymore. Enjoy the purchase!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your story! I'm glad it worked out for you and I will continue to hope it works out for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts!